As as solopreneur, it’s easy to get caught up in the constant and accumulating “to dos” that you face day in and day out. That often prevents us from recognizing our achievements. Our accomplishments often happen gradually over time as opposed to us experiencing them in single, gloriously victorious moments.
So, pat yourself on the back. Fix yourself a special cocktail (you know, the fancy kind with an umbrella and swizzle stick). Relax with family and friends. Reflect on how far you’ve come. Take time this Independence Day to acknowledge and celebrate the fruits of your labor.
And if you need some justification for doing that, remember how hard you’ve worked and what you’ve achieved…
- You’ve put in long hours.
- You’ve sacrificed.
- You’ve conquered fear.
- You’ve conquered doubt.
- You’ve succeeded.
- You’ve failed.
- You’ve built something from the bottom up.
- You’ve defined yourself.
- You’ve discovered your strengths and areas of improvement.
- You’ve stuck with something through good and bad.
- You’ve built a following.
- You’ve contributed to supporting your family.
- You’ve helped your community.
- You’ve made others’ lives easier.
- You’ve created professional relationships and friendships that are long-lasting.
- You’ve lifted others up with advice and feedback.
What can you add to the list? I know you can!
No matter what efforts and accomplishments comprise your list, make this 4th of July a day to not only observe our nation’s freedom, but also one to celebrate your independence as a solopreneur. You deserve it!
Image courtesy of nirots / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Latest posts by Dawn (see all)
- Is Fear Putting The Freeze On Your Small Business Dreams? - March 22, 2017
- 4 Tips To Help Solopreneurs And Freelancers Survive Tax Time - March 13, 2017
- 5 Ways To Screw Up Working With A Freelance Writer - March 7, 2017