And according to the Mayo Clinic, laughter brings both short-term and long-term stress-relief benefits including:
- Increasing oxygen flow to vital organs.
- Releasing stress-squashing endorphins.
- Facilitating muscle relaxation.
- Boosting immunity.
- Easing physical pain.
- Decreasing depression.
All the more reason to take some time out for a good belly laugh. And where better to go for one than the creative satire of The Onion?
Here are a few gems from “America’s Finest News Source” (in no particular order of hilarity) that poke fun at work and business.
I hope you’ll find them as therapeutic as I do:
- Website’s Built-In Search Engine Just Pathetic
- Heartless Monster Walks Out Of Local Small Business Without Buying Anything
- Woman Has No Business Being An Extrovert
- Report: Employees Most Innovative When Brainstorming Dramatic Quitting Scenarios
- Man Too Deep Into Sentence To Avoid Saying Word He Can’t Pronounce
- Job Applicant Blows Away Interviewer With Intimate Knowledge Of Company’s ‘About Us’ Page
- Going-Out-Of-Business Sign Thanks Neighborhood For 3 Months Of No Support Whatsoever
- HR Director Reminds Employees That Any Crying Done At Office Must Be Work-Related
I feel better already, how about you?
Now get back to work!
Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Latest posts by Dawn (see all)
- Is Fear Putting The Freeze On Your Small Business Dreams? - March 22, 2017
- 4 Tips To Help Solopreneurs And Freelancers Survive Tax Time - March 13, 2017
- 5 Ways To Screw Up Working With A Freelance Writer - March 7, 2017