A Little Bit About Who I Am and What Makes Me Tick…
I’ve been a full-time independent solopreneur and freelance writer since 2010. Up until that time, I had spent much of my career in Marketing and Product Management in the telecommunications industry. During my years in a corporate environment, I gained a lot of project management experience. That has been a huge asset to me as a freelance writer—and to my clients as well.
My educational background includes a BS degree in Communications with a Concentration in Journalism. My personal interests span fitness, theater, reading, personal and professional development, nutrition, the great outdoors, and of course, enjoying the company of my family and friends.
“Back in the day,” I competed in seven amateur-level body-building contests and coached a team of competitors at our local recreation center for 3 years. My takeaways from that experience: self-discipline, focus and determination—traits that I’ve come to value immensely as a freelance writer and solo-biz owner!
Giving back through community involvement and volunteerism has also helped shape who I am both personally and professionally. I’m a member of the Ephrata Area Chamber of Commerce (serving as an Ambassador and on the Women in Business committee) and the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce and Industry. I’m also on the PR committee for Downtown Ephrata Inc., and I edit and publish my church’s newsletter. In the past, I volunteered with the Lancaster Chapter of SCORE (including a one-year term as V.P. of Marketing) and the Girl Scouts of America.
I hope that gives you a better sense of who you’ll be working with when you bring me on as your project partner. Thanks for taking the time to visit my website and learn about me and my services! Feel free to contact me about how I might help you with your next project, or share my info with other businesses who might need help with their content.
A few more things (a.k.a. fun facts)…
- When I was in college, I worked in character as a gypsy who assisted a fire eater during his performances at the PA Renaissance Faire.
- I have an aversion to eggplant and coconut.
- For kicks in 2011, I entered the Merrell Down & Dirty Mud Run in Philadelphia and placed 9th out of 104 in my age group.
- I can tolerate almost anything, but find mean people completely intolerable.
- My secret desire is to start acting again. I had spent a lot of time on stage in high school, college, and beyond in community theater, but have been out of it for far too long.