It’s A Leap Year! How Will You Get A Jump On The Possibilities?
You have an extra day coming your way soon: February 29. As you know, leap years only happen about every four years, so doesn’t it make sense to make the most of them? Aren’t we always complaining about how we could use more time?
2016 is giving us what we’ve asked for. Now the responsibility is on us to either make the day matter or squander it.
Eight Ways You Can Make Your Extra Day During Leap Year Matter
- Strengthen business relationships by scheduling time to meet face to face with a few local clients you haven’t seen in awhile.
- Review your website and start updating content that’s no longer accurate.
- If you’ve fallen behind in accepting invitations on LinkedIn, log in and catch up.
- If you have a collection of business cards from networking events on your desk, send LinkedIn invitations to the professionals you want to stay in contact with. Then dispose of the cards so you’ll have more room to work!
- Brainstorm topics for your blog.
- Purge your email and computer files of messages and documents you no longer need.
- File paperwork that has been piling up in your office.
- Take some time off! You’ll be 60 days into the new year, which is plenty of time to start feeling overwhelmed and underinspired. The best use of your extra day could very well be some time away from your work!
Of course, what I consider a valuable use of my time may be different from what you’d deem time well spent. How will you spend your February 29?