15 Moments When Your Business Needs Your Unconditional Love
Starting a small business is exciting. Fraught with novelty and excitement. While it would sure be great if every day from day one onward would be an awe-inspiring adventure, not all of them will be. Eventually, the fiery honeymoon period ends and your sensible, steady love for your business and what you do will need to sustain and motivate you.
Your business needs your unconditional love!
You need to love your business even when…
- You feel overworked.
- You don’t have as much work as you’d like.
- Not everything is going your way.
- You miss out on a great opportunity.
- You take an opportunity that isn’t as great as you thought it might be.
- A client misunderstands you.
- You misunderstand a client.
- Payments arrive late.
- Your checkbook or credit card statement doesn’t reconcile with Quickbooks.
- People doubt you.
- You doubt yourself.
- You lose a good client.
- You gain a not so good client.
- Computer issues set you behind schedule.
- ________________________. [Insert business challenge here]
Although it’s natural to become frustrated and stressed at times, you can refrain from losing your cool by remembering what you love most about being in business for yourself. As you go about your daily routine day after day and week after week, you might have lost sight of that.
So take a deep breath, and remind yourself about how liberating it is to have the opportunity to do work that means something to you. Focus on the flexibility self-employment has provided you. Think about how running your own business has helped you grow and develop professionally – and personally.
There’s A LOT to love!
By Dawn Mentzer
Another Insatiable Solopreneur™ post