Fortune Cookie Friday: “Good news will come to you by mail.” – But you need to work for it!
The first Friday in June has arrived – and with it, another Fortune Cookie Friday! Time to explore the wisdom within…
“Good news will come to you by mail.”
Well, that sounds promising! But in business, good news isn’t generally something that comes from out of the blue without any sort of effort behind the scenes to make it happen. As solopreneurs, we have to give good news a jump start. We have to pave the way for good news to reach us.
How can you set the foundation for good news to come your way?
- Do your homework to make sure your services and products are fulfilling a want or need in the market.
- Network to build relationships and establish respect for – and trust in – your brand.
- Be responsive to client inquiries and feedback.
- Go the extra mile to be a source of information and tips that will help others succeed.
- Make use of your social media channels and email to do all of the above, but don’t rely on them completely. Communicate through phone calls and face-to-face meetings whenever possible, too.
- Be fair to your customers – and to your business – in your pricing.
- Be patient.
- Genuinely care about what you do every day; it will show, and people will notice.
Do all of these, and good news will surely arrive!
What do you do to boost the volume of good news that flows your way?
Consider joining the Dialing 8 Project! A forum for learning, sharing & getting the most out of your social media efforts for your small business.