Fortune Cookie Friday Small Biz Wisdom: Do You Dare?
What a fine specimen for this Fortune Cookie Friday’s nugget of takeout wisdom.
Fortune sides with him who dares.”
As solopreneurs and small business owners, we constantly meet opportunity. And with it, we face uncertainty and risk.
Going into business for yourself in and of itself stands as the perfect example of how opportunity, uncertainty, and risk are intertwined. To reap the rewards of opportunities, you sometimes need to put yourself out there and expose yourself to the possibility of not succeeding.
It’s scary. But, “Fortune sides with him who dares.”
To start and grow a business, you must dare to take some chances. If you don’t, you’ll find yourself at a severe disadvantage.
By “dare,” I mean you have to exit your comfort zone more than you care to.
Otherwise, you likely won’t:
- Find as many potential clients.
- Discover new ways to expand your offerings.
- Learn crucial new business technology tools.
- Significantly hone your skills and knowledge.
Don’t dare and you will get left behind and lost in the shuffle.
Do you dare…
- Go to a networking function where you’ll know no one?
- Talk with a competitor to see if you might form a collaborative partnership to serve more clients?
- Invest dollars in a social media management tool?
- Fly across the country to attend training?
True, there’s always the risk things won’t work out as well as you hope they will. But fortune favors those who dare with new perspectives—and new opportunities.
What have you dared to do lately to better your business? Dare to share it here!
By Dawn Mentzer (a.k.a. The Insatiable Solopreneur™)
Leave a Reply