The Often Unsung Benefit of Blogging
Blogging. You’ll find no shortage of articles telling you how important it is to your business. It directs traffic to your website, improves your placement in search results, establishes you as an authority in your field…need I go on?
But there’s something else blogging can do for you. And it’s something I believe we don’t talk about nearly enough…
Blogging helps us better understand – and project offline – who we are and the value we bring to our clients.
Here are some of the reasons why that’s so…
- Blogging helps you find and develop your professional voice.
- As you blog, you have an opportunity to think about the individual components of your business and how they impact you and your customers.
- Blogging gives you a reason to dissect your systems and processes. Preparing to explain what you do to an audience helps you find holes and gaps that you might not otherwise find.
- Blogging reinforces what you know and instills confidence in your capabilities.
- Blogging often requires some degree of research – you expand your knowledge in the process.
- Regularly writing about what you know and do and what’s important within your industry can help you feel more comfortable and confident when talking with prospects.
If you’ve felt like you’re simply going through the motions of blogging because you believe you have to for the purpose of marketing, look at it as a professional development opportunity instead. Blogging can do more for you than put you on the online radar screen; it can make you a smarter, stronger, more confident small business owner.
Important to note: Even if you hire a freelancer to write your blog posts, your involvement in identifying topics and specific talking points can give you these benefits!
YOUR TURN! How have your blogging efforts transcended marketing and helped you develop professionally?
By Dawn Mentzer
Another Insatiable Solopreneur™ post
Image courtesy of imagerymajestic / FreeDigitalPhotos.net